You can write about anything that is important to you – your whole life, personal trauma or events that have affected you in the past.Share Your Story
My coming out story was rather straight forward compared to so many others I've heard.
I dated a guy for some time, he was literally the boy verison of myself, lets call him TED. Ted, loved music, producing music, he was pretty down to earth and had a pretty cool fashion sense.
But sadly, unbeknown to myself, I started to fall in love with my best friend, a girl called TIFF.
However it did cause a huge divide in the family temporarily as my family had fell in love with the TED. I would perform acts with my boyfriend and feel disgusted by such activities. I craved this same attention, but off Tiff and not some 6ft 3 something. She was soft, gentle, intelligent and didnt have stuble!
So we split up. It was the hardest decision I had ever made in my life. But it really did pay off dividends.
It was hard for my family at first to understand, my want and need to be close to this female and the love and attraction I had for women in general, was something I had never experienced.
I truly believe that you should believe your gut instinct. Listen to it, its almost always right.
It paid off for me, I hope that my coming out story helps those on the fence. I was in your position and I know exactly what it feels like.
Dont be afraid to make a sacrafice for something in your heart, you know to be right. High risk, High reward.
Who are you fooling? You have a limited amount of time on this earth - so make the most of it! XO
As a straight guy, I totally see the appeal! All joking aside though (I certainly don't mean to belittle what you went through with your family) I'm very happy for you. I think it's fantastic that you've found who you're looking for, and wish you all the best.
Congrats on realizing what makes you happy. It takes a lot of us a long time to hit that point. Great advice at the end!
Your advice is heartfelt. I appreciate that... and the lack of stubble :D
Family is important, but they should never get to choose who you wind up with for the rest of your life. At some point, we're each supposed to break free and find ourselves (and our soulmates) on our own. I'm very happy that you've been able to do so.
Ick. Stubble. LOL. Nah, seriously... I think it's marvelous that you were able to figure out what you wanted (or rather who) and grab them up before someone else got to them :D It's something I'm trying to do right now. Straight guy looking at a girl here, but see, I've found one... and I'm pretty sure she cares about me too, hair and all. So, very sincerely, best wishes to you for the future!
I'm going to prom with the girl I love and want to take our flirty relationship to the next level after a good prom. She has a 10% chance of going to the same school as me and a 90% chance of going to a school 4 hours away.
Do I stand a chance and is the 4 hour distance manageable? I have a solid chance of transferring if we get serious....
'Your just a worrier!' People would often say this to me, to the point where I believed this to be true. I often worried a lot about a lot of things, I often lost sleep and sent myself into high anxiety over things I found difficult like learning to drive and going to the dentist eeeek! However nothing could quite prepare me for the anxiety I felt on being pregnant and haiving my da...